incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 15:24:32 GMT
2011.09.04. 16:42 keltezéssel, Rob Weir írta:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Reizinger Zoltán<zreizinger@hdsnet.hu>  wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Why you think the volunteers and admins will join to this list, if you not
>> makes any steps into the other directions?
>>
> I'm assuming the volunteers and admins want positive results.  The
> decision-making in the project occurs on this list -- ooo-dev -- by
> participants making and discussing proposals.    So I think that
> volunteers and admins should join and participate in this list so they
> can engage in an open, two-way conversation on how the project,
> including the support forums, are run.
If I know correctly they interested in supporting users, and whether
forum will survive the Oracle-> Apache transition and no more.
If they interested in AOOo development and other project things, will
join to this list, or join to podling project as I did.
Most of them reading this list through mail reader, or subscribed here.
May be they see no reason to joining this type of discussion.

> Remember, I am just one person, with my own ppinion.  I have only one
> vote.  I don't make the decisions myself.  But if an admin or other
> forum volunteer is not participating on the ooo-dev list at all, then
> their opinions will likely be unheard and their vote uncounted.  That
> is why you should encourage them to participate on the ooo-dev list.
>
> -Rob

Zoltan