incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <Te...@ellisons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:29:28 GMT
On 04/09/11 15:15, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Terry Ellison<Terry@ellisons.org.uk>  wrote:
>> A few days ago, I made the statement below and received a generally robust
>> and unapologetic response.  I don't want to rehash this again, but this
>> tipped the balance for me and I decided to finish off my work with Apache
>> and hand over.  What has somewhat surprised me and this is the issue that I
>> want to flag up the the PPMC in this note, is the volume and tone of the
>> general responses that I received when I let the forums know of my decision
>> to hand over and stand down.
>>
> I don't see anything recent from you on the forums.  Can you send a
> link to your note and the responses?  It is much better to get first
> hand information, I think, then to have it filtered through someone
> else.
We tend not to "wash our dirty linen" in public so these discussions go
on on the closed forums.  That's one of the reasons why I recommended
that PPMC members should request Community Volunteer status to have such
access.  Of course quite a few DL members and some PPMC members already
have Community Volunteer status.   I don't know if you've noticed, but
they've gone rather quiet of late.  //T