incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 13:07:30 GMT
On 9/4/2011 07:56, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi TJ,
>
> I'm not sure if the backend infrastructure of the crash reporter can be
> hosted outside a trusted network and it's fairly complex as it contains
> debugging systems for all platforms available, as well as a big database
> which is tied to the Hamburg build infrastructure and it stores
> terabytes of debug information of mostly all builds done in Hamburg. The
> backend logic afaik is not opensourced. If there is a deep interest into
> this then someone at Apache needs to negotiate this with people involved.
>
> Most information about the communication (XML file format and Soap
> communication) from OOo to the backend can be read here:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/CrashReporting
>

>> By a remarkable coincidence, I just added a line to the Site-QA plan[1]
>> about the crash-reporting facility. If you want to jump right in, you
>> could add some useful details there, about where the receiving facility
>> is hosted, and who controls it. We (AOOo) have to plan on re-hosting it.
>>
>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Site-QA-Plan
>>

> Kind regards, Joost

Thank you very much for the info: it's exactly what somebody is going to
need to know. I have quoted it on the wiki, so it doesn't get lost.
Not being a developer here (ASF or OOo), I'm just trying to make sure
that stuff doesn't fall through the cracks.
--
/tj/

I'm a bit out of date as a developer; what assembly language is all this
stuff in? I know a lot of them: RCA 501, 301; IBM 7090, 1401, 360; CDC
6000; even 8080 and 6502. Those desktop dinky-toys are cute, but they'll
never amount to anything. ;-)