incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 11:24:49 GMT
Hi, Joost,

On 9/4/2011 07:04, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to introduce myself:
>
> My name is Joost Andrae and I live in Hamburg, Germany.
>
> I was working on StarOffice/OpenOffice.org full time since I joined
> StarDivision as QA engineer in 1995. This was the time when StarOffice
> development started. Since several years I'm working as program manager
> to coordinate development efforts, to do some presales negotiations, to
> be contact for partners and doing a lot of other things. Besides I've
> been involved as QA engineer into agile development (SCRUM) of a web
> application.
>
> My main field of activity was the Calc spreadsheet application, the Math
> formula editor and the Chart application. Furthermore I was involved
> into QA/testing of all client server and web based StarOffice
> development as well as into server based products like the document
> converter application and the SDK. The crash reporting functionality was
> also one of my babies which I tested, QA'ed and administered. At the
> time I mainly worked as QA engineer I also tested font and printing
> technology used within SO/OOo as well as I did performance and memory
> tuning measurements of the application.
>
> I'm involved into QA (as QA Co-lead), l10n (coordinating QA) and i18n
> (RTL, CTL) efforts as well as I cared about the download infrastructure
> (mirror network and Bouncer/MirrorBrain), the download pages and
> releases of the en-US versions.
>
> I join as an individual, not as an Oracle employee. This and all future
> posts from me do not reflect any company opinion that I am affiliated
> with. These posts reflect my private opinion only.
>

> Kind regards, Joost

By a remarkable coincidence, I just added a line to the Site-QA plan[1]
about the crash-reporting facility. If you want to jump right in, you
could add some useful details there, about where the receiving facility
is hosted, and who controls it. We (AOOo) have to plan on re-hosting it.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Site-QA-Plan

--
/tj/