incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [ooo-user] was RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:51:17 GMT
On 01/09/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> Good point.  Maybe we can get a fixed footer to occur on the user list
> emails, just 2 or 3 lines ...
> 1) How to unsubscribe to the list
> 2) Where to report bugs
> 3) Where the support forums are
> 4) File attachments not supported, so here's where to go to share a file

Good idea, but I'd replace it with a single line linking to a wiki page.

About attachments: I believe that the current openoffice.org lists do
allow them (even quite large ones), but users, at least on the Italian
mailing lists, use them very rarely, so it's not important to migrate
the ability to support attachments on users lists.

However, I'd definitely consider the possibility to automatically save
stripped attachments to an online repository and replace them with a
link in the message (and possibly deleting them 30 days later): this is
what Mailman and Yahoo Groups have done for years, and it offers a good
trade-off between usability and convenience/security.

Regards,
   Andrea.