incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Legacy OOo list post stats
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 17:26:16 GMT
2011.09.03. 18:40 keltezéssel, Rob Weir írta:
> To help prioritize the list migration efforts, I've collected numbers
> from the legacy OOo lists.  Looking at 2011 posts, year to date, these
> are the average posts/day for the most-used lists.
>
> I've arbitrarily cut-off the lost at lists having more than one post
> every other day.  There are 332 lists overall that I could find, most
> of them getting little to no traffic.   To put these numbers in
> perspective note that our ooo-dev list averages 59 posts per day. So
> we know what that traffic feels like.   If we add up all of the top
> 100 OOo lists, excluding the Bugzilla notifications, they add up to 62
> posts/day average.
>
> So I think this argues strongly for list consolidation.  Direct all
> user-related lists to ooo-users and project-related lists to ooo-dev.
>
> List Posts/day
> org.openoffice.allbugs	54.8
> org.openoffice.users	9.0
> org.openoffice.de.users	7.9
> org.openoffice.de.dev	4.1
> org.openoffice.fr.users	3.6
> org.openoffice.it.utenti	3.2
> org.openoffice.dev	3.2
> org.openoffice.user-faq.authors	2.9
> org.openoffice.discuss	2.5
> org.openoffice.l10n.dev	1.6
> org.openoffice.dba.needsconfirm	1.3

This dba.needsconfirm list can be excluded, it is used in bugzilla when
issue/bug was submitted and no developer assigned to bug, mostly a
waiting list for database bugs. All unconfirmed database bug came here
first, after that reviewed by QA and assigned to devs. This method was
selected because only one QA person and two developer worked on database
part (from Sun/Oracle), and it is helped them prioritize works.
The users@dba.oo.o can be merged to general users list and dev@deba.oo.o
to ooo-dev, both has low number of traffic one-two per week.

Zoltan