incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Should w merge discuss@ooo into ooo-users.i.a.o ?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 03:56:33 GMT
On 03.09.2011 11:00, Rob Weir wrote:
> I've been going through the archives of the existing
> users@openoffice.org and discuss@openoffice.org.  I cannot tell them
> apart.  They cover the kinds of questions and topics.  Maybe at some
> point in the past the project had distinct visions for each list.  But
> this differences are blurred beyond detection now, at least to me.

community to discuss about the community, hence both focusing on a
different topic and addressing a different audience. Over the years
discuss@ooo indeed became something like users2@ooo.

[...]

> Since we've recently set up the ooo-users@i.a.o, I think it makes
> sense to ask users from both users@ooo and discuss@ooo to move to
> ooo-users.  In doing so we avoid unnecessarily fragmenting community
> discussions.

That would make sense, at least for those who are used to discuss
support topics at discuss@ooo. The few others should be happy with ooo-dev.

Peter