incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcing Apache ooo Bugzilla on OpenOffice.org Lists
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 00:44:34 GMT
BTW, the old Bugzilla is moaning in red letters that it is now
read-only, and doesn't have a forwarding URL. Somebody with admin
privileges at OO.o should fix that. --/tj/

On 9/2/2011 19:44, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
> <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>  wrote:
>> I am preparing a message for OpenOffice.org lists on the shutdown of the OO.o bugzilla,
the availability of the Apache ooo issues tracker, and advice on resetting passwords if there
had been an account already.  In particular, I want to reassure folks that the list from openoffice.org
has been preserved and those who have submitted bugs can check their reports to be sure.

> This will be a great relief to those who were worried.  Thanks.
>
> Maybe also invite new Apache members to create an account.
>
>> The lists I think merit such a notice are, these English ones:
>>
>> announce@openoffice.org
>> dev@openoffice.org
>> discuss@openoffice.org
>> issue@openoffice.org (where bugzilla notifications were going)
>> users@openoffice.org
>>
>> A couple of the lists are low density in terms of direct subscribers, but this will
also plant something in the archive for anyone who comes looking later.

>> Are there other lists?
>>

> dev@qa.openoffice.org ?
>
> And maybe also:  ooo-dev@i.a.o and ooo-users@i.a.o
>
> We have 200+ subscribers on the Apache lists, and not everyone was
> following the infrastructure-related threads.
>
>> Are there any national-language lists where this would be important?
>>

> If there are, I'm sure people will feel free to forward your note.
>
>> [I am not looking at forums and the wiki yet.  Those should be separate discussions,
I think.]