incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <>
Subject Administrative controls / management of the mailing lists
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 19:04:10 GMT

As we've discussed previously there is almost a "religious" split
between those that work on forums and those that work on MLs and DLs.
Very few of those involved in the governance of the forums would have
anything to do with DLs/MLs and v.v.

However, what you are really talking about is a configuration issue of
the mail forwarder.  It's more an application issue if we get control of
the application support.  I have exactly the same issues with my mail
responder that is built into the forums.

> Terry, do you know if those administrative controls extend to the
> management of the mailing lists, such as the ones for
> (apparently at
> <>).
> Do you have any information on how we can empower someone to block a
> bad echo?
> Every post to the more-heavily-populated lists there generates three
> notices from Then we need to find the
> subscribers whose e-mail addresses are landing at the responding site
> and disable those.
> I also fear that there is nothing in our planned work to preserve
> these portions of the domain.
> - Dennis

View raw message