incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Javier Sola <li...@khmeros.info>
Subject Re: consolidation of Windows Build software requirements
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 21:27:04 GMT
On 9/23/11 2:55 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> I am not recognizing in my mind which service packs are available for
> which Windows version.
> I am only repeating Martin here thinking that SP2 was the latest SP
> for Win XP. Thus, no reason special reason for Win XP SP2.
> My opinion is that we should always rely on the most updated version
> of an operating system which we want to support.
> Thus, for Windows XP it should be Win XP SP3, if this is the most
> updated version.

Well... Sp3 has a nasty side effect. You might remember that MS
introduced a change that made desktops black for software that they
considered as not original.

Sp2is still widely used and installed in low specs computers in
developing countries where no licensed copies of MS exist (and where the
use of unlicensed copies of software is not illegal). These computers
are a part of OOo's market.

In any case, I do not think that SP2 and SP3 will be very different.

Cheers,

Javier