incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: [repo] External sources, ICU (was: Who wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 12:42:37 GMT
 On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:11:16 +0200, Eike Rathke <ooo@erack.de> wrote:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> On Thursday, 2011-09-08 19:42:25 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>> > ICU 4.0.1 we use also has regex. Sure, newest ICU probably
>> improved
>> > there, but upgrading ICU in the past gave some surprises,
>> especially
>> > regarding break iterators, that made it necessary to adapt some
>> things.
>> > That should be avoided.
>>
>> Which version of ICU is used in LibreOffice? If they use a newer
>> one,
>> this probably can tell us about possible "surprises".
>
> The internal ICU is 4.4.2, whether anything needed to be adapted I
> don't
> know.

 From a quick lookup (git really sucks for this type of queries),
 it looks like LO found some bugs in ICU (fixed upstream).

 There was also a bug with Arab glyphs but it was not specific
 to the icu version.

 In sum, I agree we should just wait a bit more.

 I think possible security concerns on other ext. sources (nss,
 seamonkey,
 probably something else) should be looked into though.

 Cheers,

 Pedro.