incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Concerns about all PDL website material
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 03:41:07 GMT
Hi Dennis,

On Sep 7, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I would still not touch anything.  Let's migrate/preserve first, keep it running for
users in place (when we cut over), and then figure out what to do when it is all in our custody.

I would add that we need to adjust policies before we move from Oracle's Kenai
to Apache Infrastructure.

We also should have the branding, licensing and copyright as close as possible to correct
at that event.

It fits your goal, but deals with the external wrapper including all necessary URL rewrapping.

> Are you pursuing a conversion to Confluence or are you just talking about the static
web pages?

Specifically everything that remains on when it comes over to Apache Infra.
I agree with Kay's idea of moving code projects to a wiki, it does fit initial plans accounting
for these license issues. I really hope the MediaWiki migration is successful. IMHO it would
be much preferred to confluence and I think it has a larger of users in the community.

I am reserved about plans for NL projects,I think we should be open to either possibility.
My exposure to the de site that still had references to the sun license used for OO 1. (or
2.) is of some concern, I lean towards the Wiki for all NLs. It may be the best approach especially
in terms of oversight.

PS. I hope you enjoyed your cats and movie!

> - Dennis
of proper copyright attribution. I'll need to think about the best way to ask in the context
of the whole migration of the website to apache infra as an
> Some of the snippets and contests may be LGPL and we will need to find those but that's
known and expected.
> [ ... ]
> [2]
> [3]