incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcing Apache ooo Bugzilla on OpenOffice.org Lists
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:59:31 GMT

On Sep 5, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Ah, deep linking into the Bugzilla.
>
> Now I understand.  Yes, that is important.
>
> But the issues have not moved.  They should still be there on the read-only OpenOffice.org
Bugzilla.

> What can't be done is further commenting and seeing any changes since the move.
>

> To stay tied to the live one, the redirection has to be done on the OpenOffice.org site.

> Also, people may be frustrated to learn that they still can't comment or make new issues
because they have to reactivate their registration, if any.

> PLEASE: Is there someone HERE who can change the message on the OpenOffice.org Bugzilla
to something like "This instance of Bugzilla is now Read-Only!!  The current Bugzilla is now
at the Apache OOo Project, http://issues.apache.org/ooo/

+1

http://openoffice.org/bugzilla -> https://issues.apache.org/ooo

Note the change in protocol.

> ALSO: I think we need to refine the notice that now shows up on every view into issues.apache.org/ooo/
so that arrivals by deep linking know where they are (I.e., at the Apache OOo Bugzilla, not
the "live" one.  They are not necessarily going to know why that is important :).  Also, a
password is not required simply to access the Bugzilla, it is required to submit and modify
issues.

> THEN We need to consider how to redirect.  If we redirect http://openoffice.org/bugzilla/,
there is other information that will be lost (such as what is now on that front page and all
of the information on other pages that leads to that and other pages).

> QUESTION: Is there anyone HERE who knows how to do that successfully THERE without breaking
something else?  Ideally, it would look like the Apache Bugzilla is now simply sitting in
place of the original OpenOffice.org one.  But we need to be able to revert if we mess it
up.  And we will need to do considerable housekeeping to keep visitors from being confused
or giving up on what appears to be a mess.

> I assume that updating Forum pages is easy.  I am concerned about the web pages of the
site that are all about OpenOffice.org Bugzilla.

For the website I have a sed script that is intended to be used to change urls - ooo/site/trunk/tools/urlrewrite.sed

It currently only goes as far as remapping urls for the openoffice.org projects as sub-folders
of the podling site. A similar script would be used when we decide how and how much goes to
an Apache hosted openoffice.org.

So, I am adding "s/http:\/\/openoffice.org\/bugzilla/https:\/\/issues.apache.org\/ooo/g"

Regards,
Dave