incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:08:29 GMT
Hi,

Le 6 sept. 11 à 17:52, Rory O'Farrell a écrit :
>> No, Hagar introduced his pseudo, not himself.
>>
>> I wonder how we can trust people we don't know the identity ?
>
> With respect, who he says he is,or who you say you are, is
> irrelevant; what is relevant is that he appears regularly, with
> reasoned arguments.  On the Internet any identity information can
> be utterly false; you, for example, could have fabricated your blog
> and/or your website, which is all we ae likely to check up on.
> [Note: I amnot accusing you of having done that - I accept you are
> Eric Bachard, but it wouldn't matter if you only identified
> yourself as ericb].

I ask for transparency, honesty.

Real Identity and email (digital identity) are decoupled, so where is
the problem ?

> If you log onto the OpenOffice.org Forum, you will see that Hagar
> has 18000+ posts and appears here on the basis of that; I am sure
> that when/if the Forum is taken under Apache auspices he will
> disclose all the information which is then required.

Imagine I'm paid by a company to support OOo users, as day job. In
several years, I promise you to post as much as 18, 000 times. Easy.

More people try to protect that, more I believe there is something
important hidden  :-)

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--