incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject RE: How to do with glibc-2.1.3 in AOOo?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:26:15 GMT
 On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:41:39 -0700, "Dennis E. Hamilton"
 <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Support for w_char matters to me, but that is unrelated to work here.

 The idea is simply to replace some glibc routines in the stubs package.
 If the gnu version supports w_char, then it matters, otherwise using
 the BSD/OpenGroup version is just fine.

> However, there's another place to look.
>
> I know there are command-line utilities in Subversion releases, so I
> went nosing around.  There is an <apr_lib.h> reference and
> apr_getopt... calls.  I haven't found the library and its source yet,
> but I bet it might have what is needed for Apache OOo.  It might take
> some preprocessor magic to rename back in a custom getopt.h file.

 Nice find!

 http://apr.apache.org/

 I don't see why we should do such preprocessing, we may need to
 replace more stuff than just readdir_r and getopt. If that's the case,
 Then we could just bring in all the Apache Portable Runtime.

 We would be replacing glic with APR, looks good to me but it
 ultimately depends on who will do it.

 Pedro.