incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Forums not reachable
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:54:09 GMT
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:00:04 +0200
Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped - synopsis of the proposed move of forums to Apache>

> It is is still a confusing situation, and we finally started a draft
> of the necessary changes:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
> but as you can see, it is incomplete and not yet voteable. Some more
> work is required. The offline time of the boards does not help, of
> course :(
>
> Hope I have expressed everything very well.

Very well (and fairly) expressed, Christian.

The comments by Peter Roelhofsen (floris_v on the forum) on the wiki page cited above in general
express the overall view of forum volunteers, I think; we mostly feel that trying to impose
the existing Apache structure on the forms is overkill and may stifle it.  I recommend that
the comments on the wiki page be carefully read;  note that the forum is willing to modify
its structures to fit in with Apache, but there does not seem to be a similar flexibility
on the Apache side.

The forum downtime (which I hope is being worked upon) does not help us move towards a decision.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>