incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Behrens <...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Not new but under a new hat
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:36:21 GMT
J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> > > It is still early enough to reunify the code base and use the well
> > > known brand OpenOffice for a binary release. It would be the best
> > > choice for our users.
> > >
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but binary releases bearing that
> > name can only be made by the ASF, or can they?
> >

> how are other Apache projects find there way in a Linux distro? For AOO it
> can be probably handled in the same way.

There's precious little Apache projects with gui, and splash screen
FWIW - reading http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ again, it's
very unlikely that anyone but Apache can publish OOo-branded
binaries, and/or make material additions to an official tarball
release. So "reunify as OOo" sounds very much like a non-starter to
me.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten