incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Behrens <...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Not new but under a new hat
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:53:34 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

first off, glad to hear you stay with our code & the ecosystem! :)

Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> From my point of view the reasons for the fork are not longer
> valid and it should be possible to continue one project, one
> office together.

I don't believe it's helpful to start a discussion by asserting that
the other party's motivations are no longer valid.

> But from a technical perspective it doesn't make sense to split the
> resources in 2 groups working on more or less the same thing.

Oh, I'm perfectly with you on that one! :)

> It is still early enough to reunify the code base and use the well
> known brand OpenOffice for a binary release. It would be the best
> choice for our users.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but binary releases bearing that
name can only be made by the ASF, or can they?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten