incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From tianbo <>
Subject Re: about performance project
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:58:28 GMT
Hi all
Performance , which is relate to User Experience , is so important that I am very glad to
work on it.
In general, I am going to estimate most frequently used functions' performance. With the help
of the result ,
developers can improve the performance by modifying the slow functions.
I have several ideas about AOOo Performance . The initial thoughts is as follow:
First, insert some benchmarks into AOOo to log the timestamps. Try most functions several
times to get the timestamps.
Second, analyse the timestamps , calculate the average time every function cost, which is
an original reference and Initial results.
Third, according to the UEI( User Experience Index :See also
give every module a score of weight. Calculate the total score OOo get and compare it among
different OOo versions.
Of course I wish all of the mentioned steps can be done as automatically as possible.
Finally, it may become a performance estimating tool of OOo just like 3Dmarks to video cards.
I may need your technically support and I am expecting your better ideas.

Tian Bo
Software Developer

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

电话/Tel: +86-10-51570010 ext.6194