incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From tianbo <tia...@300.cn>
Subject Re: about performance project
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:58:28 GMT
Hi all
Performance , which is relate to User Experience , is so important that I am very glad to
work on it.
In general, I am going to estimate most frequently used functions' performance. With the help
of the result ,
developers can improve the performance by modifying the slow functions.
I have several ideas about AOOo Performance . The initial thoughts is as follow:
First, insert some benchmarks into AOOo to log the timestamps. Try most functions several
times to get the timestamps.
Second, analyse the timestamps , calculate the average time every function cost, which is
an original reference and Initial results.
Third, according to the UEI( User Experience Index :See also http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/UEI)
 ,
give every module a score of weight. Calculate the total score OOo get and compare it among
different OOo versions.
Of course I wish all of the mentioned steps can be done as automatically as possible.
Finally, it may become a performance estimating tool of OOo just like 3Dmarks to video cards.
I may need your technically support and I am expecting your better ideas.

Tian Bo
Software Developer

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编/PostCode:100176