incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for September 2011 (
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:35:24 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote on Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 08:29:05 -0700:
> Rob,
>  1. Considering that the Bulldozing term and thread were on
>  ooo-private, it will be weird to have that reported here as status of
>  a group that was not privy to it.  (The IPMC and mentors already
>  know, of course.)  I recommend that the mention be removed.
>  A community accomplishment would be the increase in civility on the
>  ooo-dev list, perhaps.  If this is to remain, do you have a more
>  affirmative statement than that mentoring was required?  Positive
>  outcome strikes me as the accomplishment.

It's possible to report an issue privately --- ie, to have it known to
the PMC and the board (and for podlings also the PPMC), but not publish
it in the public minutes.  That's normally used for reporting issues of
the sort that would be discussed on private@ rather than on dev@.

I have no opinion on whether this mechanism should be invoked in this instance.

View raw message