incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject [API] Re: Problem using Java for integration from JBoss 5.1
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:29:40 GMT
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 09:07:48AM -0700, Herter, Scott wrote:
> We have been using OpenOffice in the past to convert RTF documents to PDF and to print
them.  We have upgraded

from which version did you upgrade?

> and after updating the Jar files in our EAR file we now get an exception:
>
> 2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1) Error   DOMSource cannot
be processed: check that saxon9-dom.jar is on the classpath
> 2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1) net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException:
DOMSource cannot be processed: check that saxon9-dom.jar is on the classpath
> 2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1)   at net.sf.saxon.event.Sender.send(Sender.java:226)
> 2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1)   at net.sf.saxon.IdentityTransformer.transform(IdentityTransformer.java:29)
> 2011-09-13 10:58:19,725 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-8080-1)   at com.napersoft.databases.R70.NRUtils.decodeXML(NRUtils.java:1160)
>
> Without the OpenOffice 3.3 jar files that code works fine, with the 3.3 Jar files it
fails with the message above.  The code being invoked has nothing to do with OpenOffice, it
has to do with formatting some XML for display.  I noticed that there is a saxon9.jar as part
of the 3.3 jars and that is included in the manifest as a jar file dependency and it is bundled
with the EAR file.  It is like some of the Jar files are replacing or interfering with the
javax.xml.* packages provided by JBoss.

> Is there some minimal set of 3.3 jars I can use?

see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/FirstSteps/Configuration
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/FirstSteps/First_Contact

/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/juh.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/jurt.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/ridl.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.3/program/classes/unoil.jar

and you need the bootsptrap glue code in
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.3/sdk/classes

> Most of the time we are loading an RTF document and converting it to PDF or printing
it.  We also use cursors to search for bookmarks and insert page breaks as well as get a page
count.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Regards