incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Bug reporting, handling rules
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 18:09:20 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote on Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 10:23:55 -0700:
> I think the first problem is there is great confusion about what "FR
> web forum" is doing.  FR is providing an accurate Sender address, but
> the list doesn't show that (or at least, not in my e-mail client), it
> shows the "From:" SMTP Header, not the "Sender:" one which is not
> supposed to be forged or a fake and it clearly isn't.

"Sender:" header and SMTP envelope-from are not the same thing (and when
present need not have the same value); did you conflate them?

His emails

- Contain a valid "Reply-To:" header.

- Use a valid envelope-from address.
  (That's not a header.  The list software rewrites all envelope-from
  addresses before delivering any message to subscribers.)

- Contain a "From:" header whose value is a non-existing @a.o address.

- Do not contain a "Sender:" header.
  (That's not the same thing as the envelope-from.)