incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:06:18 GMT
On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:54:33 -0400
Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing the history on this.  It is useful (I think) to
> understand the history of this community and what they've been through
> in the past, what problems they've encountered and overcome.
> Obviously Apache is not the same as any previous situation they've
> been in, but it is probably important that we avoid inadvertently
> *appearing* to look like any previous problem they've encountered.

It is important to emphasise that
http://www.oooforum.org/
is not the forum currently considering a migration to Apache.

The forum considering migrayion is

I think (personal opinion) that many members of that forum would idealy like to see it amalgamate
with the older forum if that ever became possibe, to maintain the history and helpful postings,
but that is another day's wor and might never be possible, for reasons Drew and others have
outlined.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>