incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: [repo] External sources, ICU (was: Who wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:30:58 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On Wednesday, 2011-09-07 20:32:38 -0700, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> > > There is also interest in using icu-regex for
> > > replacing the copyleft regex and the latest
> > > versions seem to have improved a lot.
> >
> > Of course, but upgrading ICU at this stage for a 3.4
> > release IMHO is not an option.
> >
> Hmm.. the release.
>
> Apart from the SGA, that doesn't really depend on us,
> we need:
> - new regex code (where I thought and ICU upgrade would
> actually help)

ICU 4.0.1 we use also has regex. Sure, newest ICU probably improved
there, but upgrading ICU in the past gave some surprises, especially
regarding break iterators, that made it necessary to adapt some things.
That should be avoided.

> You are the second person that I've heard on this list
> saying that the release is near (the first was Marcus).

I didn't say that, and I don't think it is. It's just that extra work
not absolutely necessary for the release should be postponed.

  Eike