incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <>
Subject Re: [LINUX-BUILD] Details on my Ubuntu 11.04 experience
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 20:38:50 GMT
Hi Rob,

On Wednesday, 2011-09-07 13:27:14 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

> sudo apt-get build-dep
> But that finds 5 dependencies:

Yep, Ubuntu at some version switched to LibreOffice, the
dependency probably is only a transitional package.

> sudo apt-get build-dep libreoffice
> [...]
> But a problem.    The install of postfix surfaces a configure UI that cannot

I wonder why that should pull postfix in. It doesn't on Debian wheezy.

> ./configure --disable-mozilla --with-junit="/usr/share/java/junit4.jar"

Per default --enable-copyleft=no mozilla should be disabled anyway.

> 3) configure: error: requirements to build with librsvg support not
> met. Use --disable-librsvg or install the missing packages
> Escape this with:
> ./configure --disable-mozilla
> --with-junit="/usr/share/java/junit4.jar" --disable-librsvg

For the current situation and the aim to get rid of copylefted code
I recommend to use as many defaults as possible and not disable things.
So instead

apt-get install librsvg2-dev

> ./bootstrap
> This is where I saw references to Hg still, with output like this:
> 24be19595acad0a2cae931af77a0148a-LICENSE_source-
> 2011-09-07 10:53:43
Yes, those are the external tarballs to be included in the build. Note
that hg here is only the server, binaries is not a Mercurial repository.