incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: [code][repo] Integration of CWSs
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:43:13 GMT
Hi Mathias,

On Wednesday, 2011-09-07 00:28:29 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> > | So, we can choose:
> > |
> > | x) first identify and remove license incompatible code to be pointed to
> > |    clashes when the CWSs will be integrated, additionally lookout for
> > |    new license incompatible code when integrating CWSs thereafter, or
> > |
> > | y) first integrate all CWSs, note down new license incompatible code the
> > |    CWS introduces, and after all CWSs are integrated start the clean-up
> > |    of the entire tree. CWSs rarely introduce new external code, so new
> > |    code that would be covered by an incompatible license should be an
> > |    exemption.
> > |
> > | I'd favour y) because we wouldn't have to deal with additional merge
> > | conflicts as would be the case with x).
>
> I agree with you in that point - OTOH we shouldn't integrate cws into
> the 3.4 code line that don't belong there. I hope you are talking only
> about cws that should become a part of 3.4.

Of course, yes. And after that create a 3.4.0 branch and have ongoing
development on trunk then.

Going to https://tools.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/GuestLogon
Child workspaces Search and filtering for available 3.4 relevant CWSs
reveals:

Master OOO340, Status nominated:
calc68
native373

Master OOO340, Status approved by QA: none

Master OOO340, Status ready for QA:
tkr41
sw34bf06

Master DEV300, Release 3.4, Status nominated:
ooo34gsl02  DEV300m106
ooo34gsl01  DEV300m106
jl167       DEV300m104
impress212  DEV300m104
calc67      DEV300m106

Master DEV300, Release 3.4, Status approved by QA:
jsc341      DEV300m106

Master DEV300, Release 3.4, Status ready for QA:
mingwport35 DEV300m106
mh8tz       DEV300m73   (this seems to have been abandoned in 2010)

Unfortunately parts of the underlying EIS database seem to be accessible
only through an ISDN line or some such.. trying to obtain details for
a CWS one ends up waiting for about 1-2 minutes.

IIRC, OOO340 was branched off from DEV300m102, but I'm not sure at the
moment, insights anyone? So adding any DEV300m104/106 rebased CWSs would
bring in other stuff from DEV300 as well, if one wants to really find
out there's Master Workspaces, Fixed issues per Milestone, in the tree
list select DEV300 and then m103, m104, ... and click on "Show all
issues in issuezilla".

I'll first grab calc68 and try my luck ;)

  Eike