incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Hoch <eric_openoff...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:34:53 GMT
Hi Rob,
Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:33:44 -0400 schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Raphael Bircher <r.bircher@gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Am 30.08.11 21:24, schrieb Rob Weir:
>>>
>>> We're blessed to have experienced OOo hackers on the list who have
>>> already jumped on the new code repository and started making
>>> improvements.
>>
>> Pavel has already build AOOo succsfull on a Mac, and I tryed
>> it...

Great news.

>> but crash
>> my Mac with a terrible command line typo ;-) I will reinstall it
>> in the next
>> days, and try it again.

Go ahead.

>>> But I see we have 214 people subscribed to the mailing list, including
>>> many who were not previously working on OOo code.  This is great.
>>> Growing the community to bring in new developers is key to the success
>>> of the project.

I've build OOo in the past under Mac OS X and I'm willing to do it
again. The only problem I face is that I'm lacking a Mac with
enough CPU power and more important free hdd space. My MacMini 1.83
Ghz CoreDuo is currently my only Mac and while it is possible to
use it for building AOOO it would take away my working machine as
well. Once I have my new Mac I'm no longer dependent and hope to
use the Mac Mini for AOOo.

If however there is remote access to a Mac from the Apache Project
I can see if I'm still able to set up a build environment for OOo
and build it.

> I was thinking it might be good to put a focus on this.  For example,
> pick one day when everyone who wants to get started on Mac builds will
> work on that.  We coordinate in advance with Pavel, so he is available
> on IRC that day.  We have a thread so we can discuss and compare
> notes.  The end result of that day (or maybe 72 hours) is everyone who
> wants to build with Mac has done it.  And we have a set of
> enhancements/corrections that we can feed back into the build
> documentation, if anything was wrong or unclear.

Sounds like a good idea to me. If we find a time and date and a Mac
I'm willing to attend such a meeting and provide me informations
and learn from others.

Eric

--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Office für MacOS X, Linux, Solaris & Windows
## Openoffice.org - ich steck mit drin!