incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:40:01 GMT
Hi Matt,

On Monday, 2011-09-05 17:34:36 -0500, Matt Richards wrote:

> Below is roughly what I did to get it building, (I am going from memory
> here. Dug around my command history to see what I did).

Nice listing.

> svn co ... path/to/source
>
> cd path/to/source
> ./configure
> ./bootstrap
> mkdir  /path/to/ccache/dir

Just to mention: the mkdir isn't necessary as the following call to
ccache with CCACHE_DIR set creates it on the fly.

> source ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
> export CCACHE_DIR="/path/to/ccache/dir"
> ccache -M 2G -F 100000

I'd reserve at least 5GB for the cache nowadays.

> export CXX="ccache g++"
> export CC="ccache gcc"

These could be set before ./configure so they get written permanently to
LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh

Before invoking build here is one detail missing:

cd instsetoo_native

> build -P8 --all (my build box is a Quad Core, with 6 GB Ram)

and then to verify the build using the basic smoketest

cd $SRC_ROOT/smoketestoo_native
build

and refrain from using X for about a minute or two, or use Xnest.

  Eike