incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:52:50 GMT
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 17:36:10 +0200
eric b <> wrote:

> Hi,
> Le 6 sept. 11 à 17:29, drew a écrit :
> >
> > Hagar (leads the global moderator group) has introduced himself,
> No, Hagar introduced his pseudo, not himself.
> I wonder how we can trust people we don't know the identity ?

With respect, who he says he is,or who you say you are, is irrelevant; what is relevant is
that he appears regularly, with reasoned arguments.  On the Internet any identity information
can be utterly false; you, for example, could have fabricated your blog and/or your website,
which is all we ae likely to check up on. [Note: I amnot accusing you of having done that
- I accept you are Eric Bachard, but it wouldn't matter if you only identified yourself as

If you log onto the Forum, you will see that Hagar has 18000+ posts and appears
here on the basis of that; I am sure that when/if the Forum is taken under Apache auspices
he will disclose all the information which is then required.
Rory O'Farrell <>

View raw message