incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:27:46 GMT
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:20:14 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> On my way out the door to a meeting, so no time to read your url at present.
>
> Volunteers do the daily low level work of answering queires

Back from appointment, off to another in a few minutes.  Volunteers is the name given to the
lowest level of committed Forum activists, possibly from the old army joke of "I need three
volunteers - you, you and you!"  Suitable Users are normally approached by a Moderator and
requested to act as a Volunteer when they have shown interest in and commitment to the Forum
by posting sufficient helpful answers in a reasonable period.  Normally the trigger point
is about 100 postings, but there are occasions when a smaller quantity of high quality answers
in a difficult area and/or knowledge of that poster from other areas outside of the Forum
has led to such a User being approached much sooner than in the normal course.  An individual
User can request to be granted Volunteer status; this does not happen often.  Proposals for
advancement to Volunteer status are usually posted by a Moderator but can be suggested by
another Volunteer and are carried by consensus.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>