incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:20:14 GMT
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:10:32 -0400
Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> Here are the roles at Apache:
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles
>
> Do you have a similar list, with definitions, for the forums?
>
> It would be good to understand what you think a "Volunteer" would map
> to in terms of an Apache role.  Ditto for Admin and Moderator.

On my way out the door to a meeting, so o time to read your url at present.

Volunteers do the daily low level work of answering queires

Moderators do Volunteer work and handle assessment of doubtful postings, with deletion and
modification powers and banning powers, all which can be subject to review by the forum personnel

Admins handle the code.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>