incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:08:01 GMT
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 05:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>
> So to answer your questions, yes it certainly could be done
> within the Apache structure.  No it probably cannot be done
> to host stuff here on behalf of some third party.

Thanks, that is helpful in clarifying options.

So to be hosted on Apache one would need to find some mechanism whereby a forum would fit
into Apache; by your earlier post you do not think there is such a mechanism. Might Apache
be prepared to modify (by extension) their structures to accomodate these?  This becomes a
problem for the legal draughtsmen, of course.  The old rule of £minimal change" ought apply.

I'm not asking for a change, just exploring the possibility of one.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>