incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:52:35 GMT
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:34:48 -0700
"Dennis E. Hamilton" <> wrote:

> Whether to move to deletion or simply expunge immediately might be a choice of the moderator.
 I do not know.

In general, blatant spam posts, advertising sales sites, are immediately expunged.  Sites
which have live advertising links in their .sig may be moderator adjusted and the User advised
that such links are contrary to Forum terms of use.  Questionable postings, where the moderator
hasn't time to follow up a link to check, or where he wants other opinions, are quarantined
(auto expunge after 3 days); also suspicious postings which we suspect are probing the Forum
to build up a "valid" history may be quarantined - I'm thinking of one series of postings
current, with similar naming options, an identical .sig, and which make no contribution to
the discussion; currently we have received 50-100 of these (a guess - who is counting?).

Rory O'Farrell <>

View raw message