incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 15:47:11 GMT
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 10:45:31 -0400
Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think discussions about how the project is run is something
> that we should be doing in private.  Discussing such matters, even if
> strong opinions are raised, is the essence of transparency.  Remember,
> controversial is not the same as confidential.  In Apache projects we
> discuss non-confidential matters openly.

As far as I recollect, the "private discussions" referred to were those concerned with moderation
decisions, which decisions were reviewed by the volunteers on a private channel on the Forum.

There are three private channels open to me on the http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
as a Volunteer - Delete Topics, which is a holding channel to permit undeleting of a posting
(held for three days), EN Forum issues and "Server - Site Governance".  In these two latter
channels suggestions or queries were channeled to Terry concerning code alteration and other
technical matters, and governance queries were raised, as, for example, review of suspicious
activity of a given poster, or reconsideration of the actions of a moderator. All other discussions
take place in public.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>