incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Apache Way community moderation rationale
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:37:35 GMT

The WHOIS details will contain addresses that infra@ and/or secretary@ read.

> I don't see this as a barrier to the migration approach that I am
> endorsing.  But it is a good concrete situation to make a point of
> dealing with.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Is the bugzilla a good
> place to start compiling these?
>
>  - Dennis
>
> PS: Amazing that we have graduated from language about property to now
> speaking of control.  I am anxious for responsibility and
> accountability to have their turn.

does not "own" the content on the current live site that is not part of the Oracle CLA.

> It is not about ownership.  It is about control.  If someone uploaded
> illegal material, pirated software, etc., Apache would get the
> take-down notices. We could not argue that we did not own the pirated
> software.  The PPMC is responsible for the moderation of the forums,
> directly or via delegation.  There is no hiding from this
> responsibility merely because user content is under their own
> copyright.  That would be silly.
>
> -Rob
>
> > I'm 100% behind Shane's view of how we could migrate in a gradual, transparent way
that engages the impacted community (not the one defined as those people who are here on the
podling already).

> > My only concern now is that we do not take steps that make that migration an option,
however we conclude what the end game will look like.

> >  - Dennis

and services currently in custody of the openoffice.org domain sites and not part of the Oracle
SGA.