incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: migration Re: I will try to finish my current tasks before I go
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:20:44 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote on Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 07:29:48 -0700:
> It was clear to me in context that Terry was not talking about Infra,
> but the PPMC and also ooo-dev with regard to the id@openoffice.org
> mail services (and the use of those addresses/ids as identifiers).
> Also, the questions, from me, are about policy decisions about how to
> migrate/preserve the openoffice.org domains and content and so it is
> a PPMC conversation (on ooo-dev).  Input from Infra participants and
> observers is valuable, but we were not discussing workability but
> principles and policy, at least on my part (along with some technical
> considerations for avoiding foreclosure of as-yet-unresolved policy
> directions).

Good to hear that the discussions are happening.  I don't read every
mail on this list so I might miss some things.

> Likewise, when I appealed for anyone who had knowledge and ability to
> deal with an unfortunate echo on the French e-mail lists, I was not
> addressing Infra.  It is not happening on Apache infrastructure.

I understand that.

>  - Dennis

My point was simple: it is the PPMC, as opposed to Infra, who needs to
lead the process of enumerating the services that Oracle does not wish
to continue hosting, deciding what to do with each, and then making that
happen.  That point wasn't related to any specific thread.