incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: handling of ext_sources - Juergen's suggestion [was: Re: A systematic approach to IP review?]
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:29:58 GMT
 - This will make it easier to update the BSD/MIT unrestricted stuff.
 - Hopefully it also means we will eventually stop depending on GNU
   patch for the build.

 Welcome Oliver!
 Great job Juergen: it's the first code replacement and a very
 necessary one for OO forks too (unless they want to carry
 lcc's copyright;) ).

 On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:44:59 +0200, Pavel Janík <> wrote:
> Hi,
>> I like this idea.
>> From a developer point of view I only have to checkout "ext_sources"
>> once and reference it from all my "trunks" using the already existing
>> configure-switch 'with-external-tar="<path to ext_sources>"'
> when we will have such repository, we will surely modify the current
> sources so you don't have to add such switch because ../ext_sources
> will be auto-checked.
> BTW - welcome! :-)

View raw message