incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: Status of existing OOo user guides
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 04:10:02 GMT
 On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:57:50 +1000, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>
 wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:53, Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com>
> wrote:
>>>

>> We are talking about the same documents here?
>>
>> http://documentation.openoffice.org/
>
> That page is just a portal; most of its links point to the wiki. The
> user guides I am talking about are on the wiki, linked from this page
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation
>
> Here is an example of the user guides download pages
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters
>
> You will notice at the bottom "Content on this page is licensed under
> the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY)" as on each of
> the
> pages of the wikified content.
>
> Although the wiki pages carry the Oracle logo, the user guides
> themselves do not. Like many of the wiki pages, the docs have
> different licenses. Some docs (Admin Guide, for example) are Oracle
> docs and have a PDL license notice.

 Thanks! After looking at the docs I have a better understanding
 Of the issues now, and some of what I wrote before makes no
 sense now.

 I think ODFauthors are doing an awesome job and they should
 Encourage them to continue. Hopefully their new documents can
 be made compatible with our requirements but it's them ultimately
 who have to set the pace. Linking to their docs seems they way
 to go.

 Pedro.