incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hwpfilter/source/ksc5601.h - header from GNU c library
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:45:24 GMT
Hi;

--- On Fri, 9/30/11, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> Ok, I will reference the original URL [1] in the header
> file.
>
> Best regards, Oliver.
>
> [1] http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/lib/X11/lcUniConv/#dirlist

I don't like adding URLs to the headers as those can change
or disappear. Just keeping the CVS string is enough: people
can google "XFree86 ksc5601.h" and find it. It can also be
mentioned in the commit.

In general when I do header IP clean up (yes, I've done
it before in FreeBSD audio drivers) I first copy the clean
header untouched, then get the code to build cleanly and
*then* I make local changes which are good to keep in VCS.
It's actually easy to do in SVN.. but I have some problems
in my setup and I can't build/test it yet.

Pedro.