incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <>
Subject Re: EIS replacement needed? WAS Re: why can't I access this address :
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:37:03 GMT
Hi Bern;

From what I read, I don't think we want to get into all that
complexity right now. We have enough work already developing
OpenOffice to start developing something like EIS from
scratch :-(.

Perhaps there something opensource already that we can use to
some of the EIS functionality?

I doubt it will cover the same functionality but we have some
tools that we haven't explored yet.
For example gump:

--- On Wed, 9/28/11, Bernd Eilers <> wrote:
> Hi there!
> There is now no one anymore activly maintaining the EIS
> server, EIS software and EIS database.
> At Oracle some of my duties where just these tasks but I
> now have no longer access to this service.
> It may have worked some time without maintenance but now
> it´s gone.
> That means that neither the web application nor the SOAP
> webservice used by some commandline tools in the build
> environment will work anymore.
> Please also note that the EIS source code was closed source
> and has not been donated to apache.
> If the apache OOo Community needs a replacement for these
> services this will have to be rewritten from scratch
> probably with some adaption to some different kind of
> workflow.
> See also:
> I think using such a tool like EIS to organize workflow
> between development and QA has proven to be useful in the
> past and that something like this might also be useful on
> the new home of at apache.
> What do others think?
> Kind regards,
> Bernd Eilers