incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Not new but under a new hat
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:48:50 GMT
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 12:28 +0100, Ian Lynch wrote:
> On 28 September 2011 11:53, Thorsten Behrens <thb@documentfoundation.org>wrote:
>
> > Hi Jürgen,
> >
> > first off, glad to hear you stay with our code & the ecosystem! :)
> >
> > Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > > From my point of view the reasons for the fork are not longer
> > > valid and it should be possible to continue one project, one
> > > office together.
> > >
> > I don't believe it's helpful to start a discussion by asserting that
> > the other party's motivations are no longer valid.
> >
> > > But from a technical perspective it doesn't make sense to split the
> > > resources in 2 groups working on more or less the same thing.
> > >
> > Oh, I'm perfectly with you on that one! :)
> >
> > > It is still early enough to reunify the code base and use the well
> > > known brand OpenOffice for a binary release. It would be the best
> > > choice for our users.
> > >
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong, but binary releases bearing that
> > name can only be made by the ASF, or can they?
> >

> Why not do like Google with Chrome and Chromium?

or why not just shake hands and part as friends.

Two projects and two applications.

- if AOO wants to get on desktops they need to produce an application
that better addresses the needs of their target user base then LibO

- if LibO wants desktops they need to better addresses the needs of
their target user base then AOO.

//drew