incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: ooo-myspell at apache-extras.org
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 14:17:06 GMT

--- On Mon, 9/26/11, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> > --- On Sat, 9/24/11, Rob Weir wrote:
> >> If I understand corectly, Apache considers MPL 1.1
> >> to be "weak copyleft" and we have some limited ways
> >> (as a binary of using it in our releases.
> >>

> > Yes we can. I am not sure what a company would think
> > about it though: some lawyers are more strict than
> > others. What does IBM use in Lotus Symphony?
> >

> We use an library from our LanguageWare project.  It
> is not open source, unfortunately.
>
> http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/topics/languageware/

Ugh, this link was supposed to go with the reply but my
mailer ate the original message :(.
http://incubator.apache.org/opennlp/index.html

In any case, the issue with hunspell is that copyleft is
always a problem when it comes to companies where lawyers
take decisions. That's the reason for keeping myspell
around, even when I don't expect it to see much
development.

Pedro.