incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: ooo-myspell at apache-extras.org
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:27:58 GMT
Hi Gianluca;
Is your work related to this version?
http://members.xoom.it/trasforma/ispell/
Just wondering if we have to contact them too.
With respect to Hunspell vs. Myspell, there is still no decision and I thinkthat will have
to wait until the Oracle SGA is in.
HunSpell is copyleft so we cannot include it. We could include MySpelland the free (less-restricted)
dictionaries we can get and have an optionfor Hunspell, or we could make Myspell an extension.
Both would work for me, I just wanted to make sure MySpell could bepreserved before the
Oracle OpenOffice site disappears.
cheers,
Pedro.