incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject [AOOo 4.0] dev wishlist (Re: Starting a conversation on AOOo 4.0)
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:25:47 GMT
Hmm ...OK.

- You've been hearing I'd like to see a more Apache
  (not necessarily Java) stuff.
- OCR capabilities (Google made them free) would
  also be nice.

But here is a really crazy idea:

How about using the Math Template Library for calc:

http://osl.iu.edu/research/mtl/mtl2.php3

MTL4 has an open source version too: both are
basically a BSD-like license with advertisement
clause.

I am not sure if most people will feel comfortable
having (for example) imaginary numbers in a cell,
but I've heard people using math-specific tools
that would like to do serious calculations in a
spreadsheet. This would make calc an interesting
tool for "real" scientific users.

cheers,

Pedro.