incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject ooo-myspell at apache-extras.org
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:49:08 GMT
Hello guys;

I have created a new project at apache-extras.org to preserve
MySpell:

http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-myspell/

There's not much there yet: basically just the original
tarball I got from OpenOffice.org, but I felt it was
important to preserve this code in some way. I couldn't
find any official repository and no version control.

In the following days I will probably start playing with
subversion and perhaps clean it up to work with clang but
I am not really planning to do major development.

Of course if anyone is willing to work on it I will be
glad to add other developers or even hand over control.

If some of the dictionary files can be relicensed under
an Apache License I would consider including them there
too but I would prefer to keep any copyleft stuff out of
the new project.

FWIW, I also contacted the Hunspell author about
(re)licensing but I have not heard from him. Usually
a FSF email address is not a good sign for that type
of requests, but it is worth the try.

Cheers,

Pedro.