incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: How to do with glibc-2.1.3 in AOOo?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:23:01 GMT
Thanks Tor, this is all good to know!

--- On Wed, 9/14/11, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:
> > The question is why do we need
> this? I would think
> > all supported platforms have standard conformant
> > C/C++ libs.
>
> Yeah, but the code uses non-standard library functions,
> apparently.

Both of these appear to be standard (now?)

> See external/glibc/makefile.mk. Apparently what's needed is
> getopt()

In FreeBSD we were using an independent library in some
ports to support getopt_long but the regular library now
supports the GNU extensions. If it's needed it can be
taken from there.

> and readdir_r().

Quote from:

http://womble.decadent.org.uk/readdir_r-advisory.html

"
OpenOffice.org (at least version 1.1.3)
The code that enumerates fonts and plugins in the appropriate directories uses a stack buffer
of type long[sizeof(struct dirent) + _PC_NAME_MAX + 1]. I can only assume this is the result
of a programmer cutting his crack with aluminium filings. "

I just don't like using extensions but the code has to be
reviewed.

> > In the same line of questioning, but not a license
> > issue, why do we need STLport?
>
> (In LibreOffice we don't use STLport any more on any
> platform.) Your code presumably still relies on some
> STLport stuff on Windows. Anyway, even if AOOo itself
> wouldn't use STLport itself, if you want to be binary
> compatible with binary extensions, those might rely
> on the OOo installation containing a STLport shared
> library so you need to build and ship it.

I think we should just follow LO on this one. The
STLport OOo carries is outdated and the latest
versions in sourceforge (2008) are not very well
maintained (broken on MacOS X and BSD, AFAICT).

Pedro.