incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <>
Subject Re: Umbrella projects
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:38:49 GMT

----- Original Message -----

90% of the organizational concern for releases regards their licensing,
which I don't believe gets translated into other languages (at least not
without legal-discuss@ approval of the actual text.)

I have no idea where ixn lives in the subversion tree, but mods that
are committed to the tree are still mods that need to be voted on
when it comes time to release something based on those files.

My suggestion is for per-lang committers to be placed on the PPMC,
and for those folks to conduct their votes on their per-lang list.
Once that's accomplished, lets leave the training wheels on at first
and ask ooo-dev@ to approve the release candidates via lazy consensus.
Then take the whole shebang to the general@incubator list for formal
approval by the IPMC (this step will go away when ooo graduates).

View raw message