incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Umbrella projects
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:03:51 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Still tired of your penchant for hyperbole.  The fact is this is done
ALL THE TIME at the ASF with respect to subprojects that I've worked
on.  You simply ensure the voters are all on the PMC and you delegate
decisions about that subproject to the subproject list.  That is what
we'd like to do with the Incubator as a whole but it's not quite the
case because most podling releases still aren't able to pass the basic
smell test that general@incubator provides.