incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Umbrella projects
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:33:26 GMT

----- Original Message -----

Provided that there are sane versioning rules for the sources, I don't
see why a local language "preliminary release vote" needs to be held here.
OTOH I do know that the only votes that count are (P)PMC votes, so any source
release needs to follow all the normal rules of an ASF release, including
soliciting positive votes from the IPMC on general@incubator.

Once the project graduates those per-lang decisions still need to be carried
out by PMC members, tho they don't necessarily have to do it on an English
language mailing list, provided they are able to accept votes from
English-speaking-only members of the PMC regarding their candidates.