incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:30:22 GMT
On Sun, 2011-09-11 at 08:14 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rob, Drew, Dennis and all,
> >
> > Here you go.
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Concrete+Proposal+for+Migration
> > You see I am a poor wiki editor.
> > :)
>
> Just so it is clear:  Is this the proposal that the Forum leaders
> agree with? Or is this "work in progress"?

Hi Rob,

It is the first few updates on the way towards that.

So no, that is not the proposal yet.

One item for instance - Khirano asked yesterday if we could put some
detail into the different roles, functions they are expected to perform,
etc. That will be added a bit later today, first draft.

The enumeration of accounts filling roles - as it stands currently, but
they may change before final proposal. (Sadly half the moderating team a
the ja forums resigned..as one example of such changes happening)

>   It would probably be a
> good idea to start a new [DISCUSS] thread,

Please feel free to engage in the process in any way you feel will help.

> or even a [PROPOSAL] thread
> when the forum admins/moderators have agreed on a proposal.

Too soon for that, IMO.

Thanks much

//drew